Sunday, December 30, 2007

It's tore-up from the floor up.

I've decided to adopt this entry's title phrase as my next integrate-into-my-everyday-vernacular language project.  The quote is from the movie Juno, which the date and I went to go see last night.  Spectacular movie; if anybody is contemplating whether or not to see it - do.

The date itself was okay - I did end up going for a quick run beforehand, and managed to arrive only a few minutes late.  The guy used to be a runner himself, actually, so he gave me some nods of approval when I told him the details of my training schedule.  I felt bad talking too much about running, since he was injured in an accident over the summer and can't run anymore.  Let me rephrase that.  He's capable of running, but because his lawyer wants him to get the most possible money out of the lawsuit, he is not allowed to run for fear of a brutal cross-examination when the case goes to trial.

No spark, though.  End of story in my book.

Guitar Hero III came in the mail on Friday!!  I stayed up until about 4:30am playing it (in fairness to myself, I only started playing at 12:30am).  So far, I've beaten the game on easy and I'm on level three on medium.  

I'm becoming horrified at the idea of eventually reaching a level of difficulty for which I have to spend time practicing these songs before I can beat them.  I keep thinking of the scene in the Guitar Queer-o episode of South Park when Thad plays an "acoustic" rendition of a Guitar Hero song on his Guitar Hero guitar...which consists entirely of the sound of buttons being pushed and the clacking of the strum bar.  
I'll say it, and I dare anyone to defy me: There is no redeeming artistic value to the development of Guitar Hero skills.

2 comments:

J said...

Totally love Guitar Hero! Although, I don't actually own one. Sad.

Keep up the great work with your runs! You have great consistency. That will really pay off.

MoFarbs said...

I love GH, too...maybe a bit too much! Instead of spending the last hour catching up on work, I attempted Cliffs of Dover and When You Were Young on Medium. If only I could stick to a work schedule the same way I stick to my running schedule... :)

It was a bit tough to get started in the beginning, but now that I'm in the swing of it, I can't imagine going more than a day or two without taking a run! Hard to believe I'm only just starting my third week of training...