Tuesday, December 18, 2007

Apple: Kudos, okay?

Let me tell you why Apple is going to continue to take my money:

Because their products are THE. fucking. SHIT. Okay? They are awesomeness embodied in circuits and hard drives, and I cannot help but empty the contents of my wallet in their waiting, greedy little hands.

I just got my refurbished 2G iPod Nano ($79 refurbished!) in the mail today, which enabled me to fill it with playlists and check out the Nike + sensor thingie I got.

I had a tiny little heart-attack-of-joy upon plugging in the sensor.

Immediately, a new menu option showed up on my nano (which is joy-attack-worthy in itself) which allows me to pick a workout by units of time, calories burned, or distance run. I am told that there will be automatic audio encouragement, which I can also request by pushing a button. AND I get to pick a "power song" that the iPod will automatically play if I hold down a button.

Add to that the fact that the software will track my progress from day one to race day; and if any of you got one too, we could have virtual races and compare our times online.

I just don't even know. I don't have the salary to be this kind of biotch for Apple, but there's not much I can do when they make stuff like this.

2 comments:

rex said...

audio encouragement?!!! that RULES.

MoFarbs said...

Well, it's not really "encouragement" as much as it is "Halfway Point" and "Five minutes left," but considering the fact that I could barely have lasted longer than five more minutes, it was nice to hear the countdown at the end.