Wednesday, December 19, 2007

First Run!!

I love you, Nike +!

Twenty Minute Run = 1.8 miles according to my Nike + (straight out of the box), 1.67 miles according to GMAP pedometer (http://www.gmap-pedometer.com/)...Since I'm inclined to believe I may have been a bit inaccurate tracing my route, it's probably somewhere between 1.8 and 1.7. Not horribly miscalibrated!

And look what I can do with my run data:



That four extra minutes is when I finished my workout and stretched, but apparently didn't exit the Nike + Program. I wanted to finish my Rooney song, okay? I didn't realize this was going to be a problem.

Looks like I'm running about a 13.5" mile right now (although when I ended my workout, it told me I was at a 15" mile? Not sure where the change came from). My goal is a 12" mile, but that's for the whole 10 mile race.

I guess I should have figured that 20 minutes would amount to almost two miles at my slow, out-of-shape, middle-school-Mojo pace, but now I might have to change my two mile "long run" for this weekend, since I already practically ran that. Maybe I'll up it to 2.5.

Be proud of me. Come on, it's okay.

Incidentally, the Nike + website is pretty nifty...you can join "challenges," and your miles get added to your individual or team record. I've joined up with a male v. female running challenge and a "Run for Dr. MLK challenge." The first is a team challenge (men v. women...in case you didn't figure that out), and the second is an individual challenge.

Fun times!

I'm going to be so ridiculously late for work!

I wish someone would invent an air-warmer I could put over my mouth so that winter didn't shred my lungs so much!

No comments: