Tuesday, December 18, 2007

The first week of training begins

My first week's schedule is also known as "Easing Into Having a Physically Active Lifestyle Again." The week's activities:

Monday: 10 mins. pilates
Tuesday: 10 mins. pilates
Wednesday: 20 minute run
Thursday: 10 mins. pilates
Friday: 20 minute run
Saturday: Rest
Sunday: 2 mile run

Starting Weight: 154 (I'm 5'5")

I looked up some sample training plans for running 10Ks (about 6 miles), and they say that you should include three days of strength, flexibility, and cross training, hence the pilates. In two weeks, some Tae-Bo will be mixed up in there, too.

My Nike + Sports kit arrived in the mail yesterday!!! Now I'm just waiting for my nano, my armband, and my lacelid (for the sensor, so I don't need Nike + shoes). I'm hoping they come in today so I can fully utilize the Nike + performance tracking feature, but I'm going to have to start running tomorrow no matter what. I'm determined to stick to this schedule unless my body absolutely will not let me.

For motivational purposes, I changed all of my desktop wallpapers to images of cherry blossoms (it automatically changes once a day). I didn't realize it, but the shower gel I just started using is cherry blossom scented. If I'm not careful, this could lead to some kind of unhealthy sexual-floral fixation.

No comments: