Sunday, January 6, 2008

Long time no post!

Hello blogosphere! Sorry for the long time without contact. I missed you horribly. In fact, I'm afraid of my love for you. I'm a bit too wiped out to make this entry interesting, but I'd like to update you before the radio silence gets too out of hand.

I did manage to stick to my workout schedule for this week...although I was thrown off by my inability to find my Tae-Bo tapes. Instead of doing pilates, I wussed out on x-training this week. I'll take another look for the Tae-Bo, but if I don't find them I'll just stick with pilates.

I've been doing well with my running this week. I did add two extra runs this week of about 1.5 miles each. The Friday run was lovely...although I unfortunately ended the run in front of a grocery store where I promptly purchased my weight in protein.

(Friday's run):



Today was my long run...I managed to make it for 3.89 miles!! The plan was only to run 3.5, but we somehow ended up about seven or eight blocks from my apartment by the time Nike + told me I could stop running, so I figured I'd see if I could run the whole way. I was especially proud of myself because I managed to run the whole time - even up a small hill for several minutes!



My longest run yet!! Go me!!! Afterwards, I made myself a plate of steak, eggs, and toast...it was deeeeelliiiiightful.

I did this run with A.M. again; although I'm wondering if it's a bad idea to do this run with someone else. I don't run as fast as most people, I feel more motivated when I'm listening to music, and I don't have the breath to carry on a conversation while running. I'll have to think about it.

A post about pie day is coming...

2 comments:

J said...

Glad to see you back! Wow! Awesome run today! You are building up your endurance QUICK! I think it took me waaaaay longer than that.

bluewords said...

wow, are you really going to gear it up for 10 miles? just going to warn you, slow but steady works best. i went from 0 to 10 miles in 3 months a couple of years ago, and it killed my knees because my body hadn't developed the long-term ability to handle that speed. just saying. hope you're doing strength workouts, too!